Styro-Stop Provides Economical, Leight Weight Installation
Styro-Stop Roof Insulation
The first and only expanded polystyrene roof insulation system that is approved by Underwriters Laboratories for installation directly over a metal deck without the use of a thermal barrier. The Styro-Stop Roof Insulation Systems meets U.L. 1256 fire testing for roof deck construction. This system provides the superior thermal qualities of EPS to give owners and contractors an economically logical insulation system for single ply and BUR application.
What is Styro-Stop?
Styro-Stop Roof Insulation (RIS) is an expanded polystyrene roof insulation system that can be directly applied over metal roof deck. It may be used in a new and reroofing application with BUR and single pry systems. It is available for use in flat, tapered and compound tapered systems. Styro-Stop may have up to 7” thickness in flat applications and an average of 7” thickness in tapered applications.
- Styro-Stop RIS can be applied directly to metal deck without a thermal barrier making it truly the economically logical choice
- Provides economical, light weight installation and the permanent thermal performance of closed cell EPS
- Does not contain chlorofluorocarbons (CFC’s) or hydro chlorofluorocarbons (HCFC’s)
- Provides a proven, long-term stable R value and thermal resistance
- May be applied in single or multiple layer applications
- Compressive strengths ranging from 10 - 25 psi that can accommodate specific roof traffic and loads without deforming
- Sizes that offer more slope and dimension options than other insulations